RESOUNDworship.org is a group of British worship-songwriters, seeking to resource the church with heartfelt, crafted, accessible worship songs. We believe these should be birthed in the local church and then refined by a peer critique process, if they are to benefit the wider church. We want to share these as widely as possible, through a free download service offering quality mp3s, sheet music and chord charts.
We meet on a regular basis to critique each other’s songs and the conversations continue through a web forum, where we post and refine material. Once they have been through this process, and the songs have been tested on our home churches, we send the lyrics to an external theological critique group.
Our core values for worship songs are:
- Biblical – not necessarily straight from the Bible, but reflecting the breadth of biblical teaching. Theologically robust, but not dry or overly wordy.
- Content Driven – songs with a strong central theme which say something to or about God, and/or our response to him.
- Inclusive – songs which avoid jargon, outdated language, gender exclusivity, or feelings which may not be shared by a majority of the congregation.
- Honed – songs which have been refined through discussion, critique and revision. Music which is singable whilst remaining interesting, and provides a fitting match to the words.
- Contemporary – fresh and original songs, reaching a new generation of worshippers. This doesn’t mean “faddish” or complicated
We hope very much you find our material useful. Please feel free to download as much as you like, share it with friends or worship-team members, and use it in your church or other contexts. The only thing we ask is that you include it in your annual CCLI returns, or if you are not signed up with a CCLI licence you need to contact our publisher the Jubilate Group for permission to use individual songs.
If you would like to feedback to us about a song you have used, or have any more comments or questions about the site or our songs, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in being part of this group, please contact us to find out how you might be able to get involved.
RESOUNDworship.org is a project of the Jubilate Group. For many years this group of writers and composers has helped churches voice their praise to God, through (then) radical projects like Youth Praise, and following that through many publications including Hymns for Todays Church and Sing Glory. They have released and resourced this new expression of worship writing, and we seek to follow in their traditions of integrity in words and music.
Thanks for visiting our site,
Sam Hargreaves, Joel Payne, Matt Osgood, David Peacock (Project leaders)